Monday, November 27, 2006

UC Football

I have never understood the total lack of interest in UC football. Even my freshman year at UC, I was amazed that my roomates went over to Nippert to see Elder/Moeller on a Friday but I couldn't pay them to go over the next night to watch UC.

Even when the Bengals wore absolutely abysmal, you couldn't find a fan with a search warrant.

With that said, if Dantonio leaves, it will be yet another set back for a program just seems to always be "just around the corner" to big time.

It was all set up, a coach building a program long term, a respectable finish in the Big East, a nice turn out and win for the Rutgers game, probably the best bowl bid in a long time.

I have a tendency to blame the administration for this. I'm always advising clients that my services will only be as important to me as it is to them. And in that sense, the fans will only follow the university lead on big time college football.

No comments: