Thursday, January 31, 2008

What?

Excerpt
Former President Bill Clinton was in Denver, Colorado, stumping for his wife yesterday.

In a long, and interesting speech, he characterized what the U.S. and other industrialized nations need to do to combat global warming this way: "We just have to slow down our economy and cut back our greenhouse gas emissions 'cause we have to save the planet for our grandchildren."

At a time that the nation is worried about a recession is that really the characterization his wife would want him making? "Slow down our economy"?

I've got an idea, how about The Billary quit jet setting across the country spewing all his/her hot air.

The thing I find most interesting about these agnostic/atheistic progressives. Why do they care what we leave for our grandchildren? I mean it's not like we have an after life to worry about or anything.

It seems to me that if there is no God, then why shouldn't I consume the maximum. I'm just going to be dirt when I die anyway, right? I have no kids, why should I care about saving the environment for anyone, any thing?

No comments: