Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More on "progress"

A reader commented on one of my posts yesterday
Gordon, I wish you'd stop this "progressive" crap. They're left-wing liberal weenies dang it. (LWLW)

I think a little history is in order

The whole deal with writing "progress" in quotes has been in response to a comment a reader posted a few of months ago.

"'conservatives' are for status quo while "progressives" are for progress. I can live with that definition."

As a result of the comment, I've been waiting like the second coming for someone to tell me what "progress" progressive government has brought to our society.

Since democrats run all large cities and school systems in the US, I figure that's a perfect place to analyze the results of "progressive" governance.

Well, I'm still waiting for some "progressive" to tell me how dilapidated slums in cities are "progressive" or how 30% graduation rates in inner city schools is "progress".

So until someone can tell me how "progressives" have actually brought "progress" to anything, I will continue with the quotations.

No comments: