Sunday, August 17, 2008

Taking care of "the least of these"

From the Saddleback debate....
“As a starting point, it means I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins and that I am redeemed through him. That is a source of strength and sustenance on a daily basis. I know that I don't walk alone, and I know that if I can get myself out of the way, that I can maybe carry out in some small way what he intends. And it means that those sins that I have on a fairly regular basis hopefully will be washed away.” Quoting from the book of Matthew, Obama said it also meant an obligation to “the least of these.”

That's a nice sentiment from a candidate who donated all of $2,500 bucks to charity to take care of "the least of these".

I guess for Obama, you can only take care of "the least of these" when you take someone else's money.

Also, I guess an unborn baby doesn't qualify as one of "the least of these".

No comments: