Thursday, November 04, 2010

Like a Rolling Stone


Despite feeling like a manatee was sitting on my chest, the Gekko's went to NKU last night to catch the latest Bob Dylan show.

As I've said before, I've never owned a Dylan CD or really knew that much about his catalog of music. All I know is this guy's band totally rocks and I'll try and catch at least one of his shows every tour. In fact, from last night's show, I think I could audibly understand about ten words from the lyrics.

One of the things I like most about his show is he doesn't pollute it with a bunch of trivial jabber about the local dining cuisine or how this song is off his new album which you can buy at Amazon or how he was inspired to write a song after watching Charlie Sheen in a hotel lobby; they announce the band and the band plays.

The second thing I like about his shows is that the music arrangements are entirely different from a previous tour. As I told the Lovely Mrs. Gekko last night, I felt like I was at a rockabilly revival.

So if you have never seen a Bob Dylan show in person, trust me, you've gotta get to one. Remember, the guy is almost 70.

No comments: