Friday, October 05, 2012

Who wants my absentee ballot?

I just got my absentee ballot in the mail.

I've decided that I'm willing to give that ballot to any democrat/liberal/"progressive" who can answer the following question for me.

Now mind you this ballot is worth a lot of money. I'm in Ohio, a battleground state. Both presidential candidates are spending millions to get this vote from me.

But it can be yours if you can answer this question in an acceptable fashion to me.

If democratic/liberal/"progressive" policies are so wonderful, why is Detroit such a shit hole?

After all, there's never been a  republican run that city since 1952. Obama carried Detroit something like 92-8. So democrats can take total credit for the shape Detroit is in.

Seriously, under any objective measurement (unemployment, home ownership, crime, schools, tax burdens, standard of living) , Detroit is a cesspool.

None the less, let's say you don't like Detroit for some reason. I'll even offer the following cities as substitutes.

1) San Bernadino, CA
2) Modesto, CA
3) Stockton, CA
4) Harrisburg, PA
5) Camden NJ

What do these cities have in common? They are all in municipal bankruptcy and you can't find a republican in their city governments with a search warrant and pack of blood hounds.

But hey, since I'm feeling generous. If cities don't float your boat, I'll let you substitute a state like Illinois or California, both of whom are going under with billions of dollars of unfunded pension liabilities.

But if that doesn't work for you, hell let's thrown in a country or two. I mean, what democrat/liberal/progressive doesn't want to see our country transformed into some Eurotopia?

So substitute one of the PIIGS (Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece or Spain) and tell me how all those "progressive" policies are working over there.I know it will be hard to find something in the news with all the riots and such going on but give it a shot.


The fact is, you show me a collapsing, bankrupt shit hole of a society and I'll show you an area run by democrats/liberals/"progressives".

But hey, isn't a free absentee ballot for the candidate of your choice and the ability to prove me wrong worth the shot.



No comments: