Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pelosi

How incompetent is republican leadership when they can't get any traction on someone like Pelosi.

Excerpt from a piece by Dana Milbank in the Washington Post

But her spirits soured instantly when somebody asked about the anger of the Democratic "base" over her failure to end the war in Iraq.

"Look," she said, the chicken breast on her plate untouched. "I had, for five months, people sitting outside my home, going into my garden in San Francisco, angering neighbors, hanging their clothes from trees, building all kinds of things -- Buddhas? I don't know what they were -- couches, sofas, chairs, permanent living facilities on my front sidewalk."

Unsmilingly, she continued: "If they were poor and they were sleeping on my sidewalk, they would be arrested for loitering, but because they have 'Impeach Bush' across their chest, it's the First Amendment."



Huh? What does that have to do with anything? What kind of courage does it take for someone to campaign on ending the war and they end up more concerned about someone putting a Buddha in their front yard?

I think Webster's needs a new definition of courage.

Courage adj. - A quality absent in the city of Washington DC.

No comments: