Tuesday, February 07, 2012

I'm calling BS

While watching the Super Bowl, I was struck by the political ad I saw during the game. At first, I didn't recognize Clint Eastwood's voice nor could I tell what product the ad was trying to sell until I saw the microscopic print at the end of the ad.

But apparently, I was mistaken...........

Clint Eastwood made President Obama’s day by cutting a Super Bowl ad on Detroit’s rebirth that sounded as if it could have been a re-election appeal — yet both Chrysler and the White House yesterday denied having anything to do with the attention-grabbing spot.

“It has zero political content,” the automaker’s CEO, Sergio Marchionne, told a Detroit radio station. “It was not intended to be any type of political overture on our part. We are as apolitical as you can make us.”


Hey Serge, don't you mean that your "apolitical" until you need a couple of billion for a bail out?

What a great deal. Government bails out your company, and you use some of the bailout money to run a political ad so you can get more at the trough.


More.....

No comments: