Sunday, February 18, 2007

Another Cincinnati Homicide

While city leaders are busy making sure people in Washington know they are against the Iraq war, another homicide takes place; number 11 if you're counting.

That puts the city a pace well ahead of last year and we are not even in the busy summer murder season yet.

I guess there is one thing that has me slightly curious. The victim last night was shot last night at 3:44 am on Central Ave. Who in their right mind would be out that late, outside, cold as hell? It was 10 degrees out last night.

I hear community leaders keep saying that black youth get into trouble because there's nothing to do in the city. I beg to differ. Apparently, there is some good stuff going on in a city when it's worth getting shot to check out.

As the legendary Vince Lombardi once said to Max McGee

"Max the next time you miss curfew I'm fining you $100.00 and the time after that I'll fine you $250 and then I'm going to fine you $500.00.... Max, if you know of a place that's worth $500.00.... will you wake me up and take me with you."

So if anyone's up to checking out what's going on in the west end at 3:00 in the morning on a freezing weekend night, let me know and we'll head down. It must be a damn good time if people are willing to risk their lives for it.

No comments: