Friday, December 26, 2008

Global Warming challenge update

Over the weekend, I got to discover that the score I was keeping on the global warming challenge was coming from two different sources.

When I was scoring at home, my computer picked up this site; at work it was this site.

As a result, I did not have a consistent data base to pull from.

So I got to spend about four hours over the weekend reentering information on my spreadsheet.

Since the one site I used had the disclaimer "Averages and records for this station are not official NWS values." I decided to pull the information from CVG the official NWS values.

There were some slight variations to the day to day scoring. However, one significant change were in the scores from record temperatures. In my original sheet I reported seven record highs and two record lows for the year. In fact, using the NWS figures, there were two record highs and no record lows.

I apologize for any confusion.

The score through Christmas day....

Warm 326
Cool 370

No comments: