Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm back

We drove back from Florida yesterday and I set a Cincinnati family speed record of 11:45 minutes and that includes the fact that our house is north of the other family member places.

None the less I'd like to thank the following people for the record (read it as a NASCAR driver would say; with the little extra twang).

I'd like to thank the Don Garlit's museum we passed in Ocala for the speed inspiration
The Acura RDX for their smooth ride.
Valentine Research for the excellent radar detector.
The federal government on not spending a nickel on any shovel ready projects over 800 miles of I-75.
I'd like to thank the silver Porsche, the Red PT Cruiser and the silver Jetta for the nice convoy through the south of Georgia. It would have made a Tour de France team envious.

No thanks to the city of Chattanooga for their traffic jam.

I promised back in the summer that I was giving up the blog. But, like a crack whore, it only takes a little bit of news to get me revved up again. I went on a news and sports black out while I was away (what's up with the Bengals over achieving any way), promising the lovely Mrs. Gekko I would only watch the news when others were watching. Lo and behold, the four times I caught a glimpse of a news channel there was The One doing another speech.

This guy is giving a whole new meaning to the word overexposure.

But hey. We Need More Cowbell

No comments: