Friday, June 18, 2010

House keeping

Over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to try and revamp the blog.

If you have any particular sites (blogs and/or news sites) you find interesting, please let me know. In addition, I would appreciate any feedback on the posts, things you like or dislike.

I continue to appreciate the links people send me. I don't always put them on the blog because 1) many times I'll sit the links to the side until I can read them 2) by the time I read them I find that they are already covered by other blogs and/or site and 3) Sometimes I can't figure out a theme to get them on.

None the less, I still appreciate the links because it provides me with ideas for the future.

Also, I've never asked anyone to pass my blog along or to become a "follower" on the side. When I started this blog, I kind of felt like if it were something worthwhile it would spread organically.

However, I am making a request that if you like the blog and you've been on multiple times, please sign on as a follower. I think the only negative thing that could happen is that you might be identified by Janet Napolitano as a member of a hate group.

Even better..... turn your politically interested friends to the site via facebook and twitter. (Actually, if someone could tell me how to get this on my facebook page, I would appreciate it.)

During the dog days of summer, I start to wonder if this thing is even worth it. I'll never hit you up for a bleg so any non monetary thing you can think of to support the blog would be greatly appreciated.

I am always open to the prospect of other posters to the blog. If you want to give blogging a try, let me know and we'll work out the details.

As always, I thank readers Jeremy, Shakes, Becky, Mark, Randall, Tim, Bernie and others for the contributions. I also want to thank Midas for being MIA. That limits the Coldplay and 311 crap he posts to the blog.

My email address is gtvcpa@yahoo.com.

Thanks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Less videos -- those of us working hard to bankroll the liberal social program du jour like myself are checking the blog a few times a day at work during breaks and are behind corporate firewalls that block YouTube and the likes.

2. More "segments" like Who did they vote for?, Deep Thoughts, and Life in Progess City. Perhaps a quote of the day would be appropriate--I had a guy in South Carolina recently tell me "being a liberal is great until you have kids and you decide you don't want your daughter to a be a whore." Classic. I'm sure there are plenty of Alvin Greene quotes floating out there...

3. The only major site I visit semi-regularly with links is Conservative Grapevine (now Linkiest) that has good links to news etc. When I do check the news, I goto CNN.com and FoxNews.com just because the headlines are so different. I went on MSNBC.com one time and the headlines were yet even more different and looks like it was published by the White House itself.

4. American Thinker and the Cato Institute are my favorites. I especially like the "graph of the day" since I'm like most Americans where I like pictures to look at.

-Jeremy