Thursday, February 02, 2012

Why I don't worry about the poor

It's been fashionable for the past 24 hours to rip Mitt Romney for "not worrying about the poor". But frankly, I'm not worrying a whole lot either.

Why? Let me share this anecdote......

On my way back from a client meeting, I stopped in a local carry out for some gum.

In front of me was a lard ass picking up her Code Red and bag of chips. Now I wouldn't care one iota about someone buying this crap........except that it wasn't her buying it.............. it was me and the rest of our taxpayer's who paid for this skank's nutrition fill.

When I came out of the store she was wedging her ass into a moderately aged minivan while her "old man" was enjoying one of those flavored cigars.

When our poor have enough resources to fund Code Red, chips, flavored cigars, and a minivan, I'm not losing any sleep over their struggles.

Maybe I can take Soledad O'Brien on a welfare field trip.

BTW The woman in question was white so you can tell Rep Moore (see previous post) my anger crosses racial lines.

No comments: