Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm back

I'm back from the sunny confines of the FLA.

My wife and I have a serious conflict when it comes to vacation. I'm mountain; she's beach.

She's never been able to convince me as to what makes the beach so special. It's hot. It's sticky. Most of them smell. She goes there to relax. Relaxing to me involves an air conditioned room with a ball game on.

I have buddies who tell me about the "scenery" on the beach. Seeing a Chris Christie wannabe in a bikini is not what I would call "scenery".

While I was away, I was able to keep up on the news. For the past 10 days, here's a recap of what I gleened........

Elizabeth Warren was an American Indian before she wasn't.

It's kind of funny because when I got my first job in a public accounting firm, when I met one of my coworkers was surprised I was white.

I asked why and he said "When I read your resume, I noticed that your last name is Valentine, you ran track for UC and was a member of the college democrats. I figured you had to be a black guy".

So I guess I should have tanned up a little bit and put Africa-American anywhere I could have received a benefit. Hell, I can guarantee I'm more black than Warren is Indian.














No comments: