Friday, October 31, 2014

Why everyone should be a registered democrat

I just witnessed this headline..........


EARLY VOTING: REPUBLICANS HAVE 10% LEAD



He's my suggestion to every republican out there.

Register as a democrat.

Let's have 100% of all voters registered as a democrat. 

I am and I'll tell you why.


1)  If everyone is registered within the same party, states cannot gerrymander congressional districts. The gerrymandering that gives us John Boehner, Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi.

2) Voter manipulation will be less frequent since get out the vote efforts won't be able to distinguish between parties.

3) Polling will be rendered useless if everyone is registered in one party.

4) Think about it. Currently a party can canvass an area they know is heavily democratic and threaten their voters like this veiled threat. During the last presidential election, I had forgotten to sign my ballot and it was sent back for my signature. After it sat on my desk for over a week, I received a call from Sherrod Brown's office, informing me that I needed to sign my ballot and send it in.

I was hopping pissed that a campaign would have access to a) knowledge that my ballot was an absentee b) knowledge as to what was actually wrong with my absentee ballot.

It's total bullshit.

5) You don't think that if the democrats have a list of republican voters, they wouldn't pay some unscrupulous postal worker some money to hand over the absentee ballots to the party so they could pull the republican ballots. It's probably already happened. If you are a registered democrat there's a better likelihood that your vote will be counted.


Sure you probably lose the ability to vote in a republican primary pitting UR A. Loser v. Seymour Butts. But let's face it, isn't it more fun to vote in a democratic primary anyway.

So do your civic duty and change your party affiliation today.







  

No comments: