Thursday, March 15, 2007

Debate

If you don't read the comments posted on this blog, you missed a reader referring to me as a gay and dino republican; someone who hates gays doesn't believe in global warming nor evolution.

After she referred to this blog as a a "hilariously misguided", I offered my thoughts on all these subjects and instead of engaging in the debate and maybe winning someone over to his/her beliefs, I got..... nothing.

I love the debate, for a few reasons 1) I may learn something 2) It challenges my own beliefs and my ability to convey my ideas 3) I always hope to change someone else's viewpoint.

Just as I indicated in my post on the seven dirty words, the liberal cause cannot win the debate. I believe that's because there's no controlling moral authority or principles other than moral relativism which can change as often as I change my underwear, at least weekly.

So Mr./Ms. anonymous basically pulled the little liberal debate method, don't answer the questions posed, just make a few snarky and arrogant comments and then disappear. Just like Air America.

No comments: