Monday, August 20, 2007

Buckeyeville

People often wonder what it is about Columbus (aka Buckeyeville) that I can't take. After all, I did live in Dayton for crying out loud and I've spent plenty of time in Cleveland, Toledo, Marietta, Canton, Akron to have a pretty good sense of what life is in those cities.

Here's what I couldn't take about Buckeyeville straight from the Columbus Dispatch...

According to the Dispatch, today's Top Ten stories in today's paper


So in Buckeyeville, one of the top stories today is the installation of new turf in the stadium? Four of the top ten stories is about OSU football? At least here in the 'nati, we've got murders at peace rallies, development of large piles of dirt on the river, a Bengal being arrested, Red's losing, etc.

It just always occurred to me that there was an apparent poison in the water up there that can only have you talking about Buckeye football. No thanks.

So it appears I will be in perpetual exile from Buckeye City, until I can name my kid Tressel, Archie or Woody.

No comments: