Wednesday, February 13, 2008

MSNBC endorsement

Well, as a network, they really haven't come out with an endorsement unless you count this as one.

Excerpt from Chris Matthews
I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event. He speaks about America in a way that has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with the feeling we have about our country. And that is an objective assessment.

You have to wonder when women (or commentators) are going to start throwing panties at this guy.

More....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"He speaks about America in a way that has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with the feeling we have about our country. And that is an objective assessment."


I could see Matthews making the same quote in the '80s. Except it would have been about Reagan, and it would have been intended to denigrate. It will be interesting to see what America thinks when Obama actually begins to articulate real things like defense and tax policy.