Monday, August 25, 2008

Does he play softball?

Apparently, Barack Obama is just an ordinary guy...
"I think what you'll conclude is, he's sort of like us: comes from a middle-class background, went to school on scholarships, had to pay off student loans, he and his wife had to worry about childcare and figure out how to start a college fund for their kids," he said.

I know what he's talking about. Just the other day, I was at my local watering hole talking to my friend Rick, who was bitching about the price of arugula; just like Obama.


My other buddy, Matt, a Harvard grad, sat on the other side telling me how wonderful it was to marry a chick with a degree from Harvard; just like Obama

Then my other buddy, Mike told me how wonderful the Pinot Noir he was sipping was; just like Obama.

Then my friend Sam piped in to let me know he has this wonderful pastor, who proclaims that we live in the USKKKA; just like Obama.

Finally, my friend Jim reminded us of his great neighbor, who's terrorist activities resulted in the death of a cop; just like Obama.

Man, this Obama guy would fit right in at the old watering hole. I'd send him an email inviting him to be a member of my bowling team, except we need a better average than 63.

No comments: