Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wall Street Bailout.... Where's Senator Blutarsky?

I don't typically watch conventions, debates, and state of the union addresses because I don't generally find smoke up my butt all that comfortable.

So Friday night, I did something more productive and watched Animal House for the 35th time.

So few people actually watch Animal House and really look at the subliminal messages behind the actual movie. (Like listening to Dark Side of the Moon during the Wizard of Oz).

For instance, you could dub this little line right over the big Wall Street bailout meetings going on this weekend.

Otter as Hank Paulson: Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto as Harry Reid: We're just the guys to do it.

I'm still looking for Animal House characters as stupid as Barney Frank

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fat, drunk, & stupid is no way to go through life, son.....

Regards,

Dean W.

Anonymous said...

Gordon, now you've done it. You're on double-secret probation.

How about the fascist on the horse for Barney.

gordon gekko said...

Maybe Flounder can play him