Thursday, January 01, 2009

Global warming challenge final results

The final results to the Global Warming Challenge

Warm 341
Cool 371

How is this possible? I mean it's supposed to be warming right?

Actually, I'd like to gloat but in reality it's like bragging about winning a coin flip. I mean the chances were 50-50 that cool would win the challenge.

Unless of course you're a Branch Gorevidian who believes in this global warming non sense. Then this has to be a shocker to your core. Kind of like killing yourself wearing purple Nikes only to find that comet really didn't mean the end of the world.

Now it is possible that Gordon's point scoring skewed the numbers in favor of the cool figures.

However, keep in mind that the warm figures included 10 extra points for record highs and zero for record lows.

None the less, I went back day to day and noted the average high and lows for the year.

The historic average high temperature at CVG is 64.1, for 2008 is was 63.8 a difference of .3 degrees cooler.

The historic average low is 44.4 degrees v. the 2008 average of 43.8 degrees, a difference of .6 degrees cooler.

No matter how you cut it, the temperatures were cooler despite claims of some warming.

At least this keeps liberals claims at a perfect 100% wrong.

But I'm willing to put my coin flip where my money is. Where is that little piss ant lib who mocked my challenge?

Here's your chance to take a conservative's money, you have to love that; at least if you have balls to take me up on the challenge.

However, I am changing the scoring this year.

I'm going to calculate the average high and lows for the month against the historic average high and lows. I'll assign one point for each for a total of 24 total points. I'll carry the decimal out to avoid any ties at the end of the month.

So what's it going to be punk?

No comments: