Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Who's enabling her?

Karen Ferguson is unable to leave her trailer home in northwest Tarrant County, Texas. The last thing she wanted is attention, but she is reaching out for help.

"I would never bring myself down to go on the news looking like this," Ferguson said. "I would wish it'd be for a cure or that I'm doing good or something. But not like this. It's hard on the family."

Ferguson estimates she weighs 700 pounds. She said it's because of her diabetes. Several years ago, at around 300 pounds, she had open heart surgery.

Ferguson needs people to help her get to a portable toilet, which is only two steps from her chair. Ferguson said she's been turned down by nursing homes who claim problems with Medicare. Now she fears she'll lie here, unable to move, her bed sores festering and her body deteriorating.

Now call me a cold hearted conservative SOB but I'd like to know who's feeding a 700 lb woman who can't get two steps to her toilet without help?

And I'm also going to guess that whoever is buying her food, isn't loading her up with the all you can eat broccoli buffet.

Maybe someone would actually be doing her a favor if they quit feeding her shit all day.

More.....

No comments: