Thursday, July 02, 2009

What's in the water in Texas?

My eternal mantra, I'll never pretend to be the smartest guy in the room, but I'll always do what the smartest guys are doing.

So when I read this I have to question, what is it that Texas is doing that Ohio can't seem to get their arms around...........

In a time when many states are experiencing fiscal crises and economic decline, one state stands out above all others as a success story: Texas. I recently heard Governor Tim Pawlenty say that during the year or so before job growth turned negative and the country as a whole was still adding payroll jobs, 53% of all of the jobs created in the U.S. were created in one state: Texas. No wonder that Texas' government is running a surplus and its economy remains strong despite trying times

read the rest

No comments: