Sunday, October 11, 2009

Andrew Sullivan, racist

I always thought Andrew Sullivan loved Obama but when I read this piece critical of our first black president I realized he was a closeted racist (the only thing he's in the closet on)......
All I can say is: the president gave a speech he could have given at any point in the last three years. No one in that room could disagree with any of the things he said. I sure don't (with the exception of the hate crimes hooey). And he said it well and movingly. Like we didn't know he could do that.

But the point of electing a president who pledged to actually do things is to hold him to account, and to see if he is willing to take any risk of any kind to actually do something. I had a few prior tests of his seriousness or signs that he gets it, a few ways to judge if this speech had anything new or specific or clear. He failed every test.

This is the line that I found most hilarious

and to see if he is willing to take any risk of any kind to actually do something.


You mean like George Bush?

But he concluded with this one....

But the sad truth is: he is refusing to take any responsibility for his clear refusal to fulfill clear campaign pledges on the core matter of civil rights and has given no substantive, verifiable pledges or deadlines by which he can be held accountable. What that means, I'm afraid, is that this speech was highfalutin bullshit.


More......

No comments: