Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy anniversary

Last summer, I had every intention of shutting down the blog. The only reason I came back was an excerpt from a speech by Charles Krauthammer where he said "someone needs to defend the truth".

None the less, taxmanblog is officially three years old today. Each year, I try to take on something new in my life; one year it was ballroom dance lessons, another year it was taking up the saxophone, another year it was running a marathon, another was reading the Bible etc... This blog was started in October, 2006 in anticipation of my new thing for 2007.

The problem of trying new things you run out of time for the old things you enjoy. I really want to attempt playing my sax professionally and I really need to get my fat ass back in shape.

Regardless, I intend to keep the blog going until I feel like people are starting to get it.

Some facts about the blog....

- Wikio has this blog ranked 3969 out of 189965 which is in the top 2.1% of blogs.

- Our first post was an endorsement for Ken Blackwell for governor. Kind of weird how a racist conservative would endorse a black guy.

- Coldplay still sucks. That's not a fact about the blog...... just a fact.

- I've had over 5000 posts to date; over four posts a day.

- The average Weekly Influence Ranking as calculated by Blog the News Ohio is 5 which is one of the higher independent blogs (not supported by a newspaper or a labor union).

- We've been linked by Real Clear Politics, the WSJ, CNN, The Huffington Post and Doug Ross.

I would like to thank Midas for his help. Currently, the official talking point is that Midas is on sabatical. Actually, it's more of a wildcat strike since I've told Midas he can only do one Coldplay post per week.

I would like to thank readers Jeremy, Becky, Tim, Bernie, and Mark who have funneled articles to me. That makes my job so much easier in so many ways.

For now, we'll keep trudging along and defending the truth.

No comments: