Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A disappointed Obamunist

Mort Zuckerman's not happy..........
In the campaign, he said he would change politics as usual. He did change them. It’s now worse than it was. I’ve now seen the kind of buying off of politicians that I’ve never seen before. It’s politically corrupt and it’s starting at the top. It’s revolting.

Five states got deals on health care—one of them was Harry Reid’s. It is disgusting, just disgusting. I’ve never seen anything like it. The unions just got them to drop the tax on Cadillac plans in the health-care bill. It was pure union politics. They just went along with it. It’s a bizarre form of political corruption. It’s bribery. I suppose they could say, that’s the system. He was supposed to change it or try to change it.

Even that is not the worst part. He could have said, “I know. I promised these things, but let me try to do them one at a time.” You want to deal with health care? Fine. Issue No. 1 with health care was the cost. You know I think it was 37 percent or 33 who were worried about coverage. Fine, I wrote an editorial to this effect. Focus on cost-containment first. But he’s trying to boil the ocean, trying to do too much. This is not leadership.

Obama’s ability to connect with voters is what launched him. But what has surprised me is how he has failed to connect with the voters since he’s been in office. He’s had so much overexposure. You have to be selective. He was doing five Sunday shows. How many press conferences? And now people stop listening to him. The fact is he had 49.5 million listeners to first speech on the economy. On Medicare, he had 24 million. He’s lost his audience. He has not rallied public opinion. He has plunged in the polls more than any other political figure since we’ve been using polls. He’s done everything wrong. Well, not everything, but the major things.

I don’t consider it a triumph. I consider it a disaster.


Here's my question for these media types.

What on Obama's resume indicated that he was anything but a full blown political hack? Was it.....

His relationship with Reverand Wright?

How about his relationship with Bill Ayres and Bernadette Dohrn?

How about his work for ACORN?

Maybe it was his US senate and state senate experience, where he brought opposing forces together to accomplish.........?

The fact is these clowns like Zuckerman and David Brooks and Peggy Noonan and Kathryn Parker remind me of the poster in Fox Mulder's office on the X-files

I want to Believe!

They so wanted to believe they never did the actual investigation into his background and now they're disappointed?

And they call us here in flyover country "pedestrian".

Read the whole thing and laugh your ass off!

No comments: