Saturday, March 06, 2010

Bill Cunningham, Great American Douche Bag

For about the past ten years, I hung out at a place called Willie's (in Kenwood). If you are not from the Cincinnati area, it's a chain of sports bars started by Bill Cunningham, a local talk show host and regular on Sean Hannity's show. He's famous for his "Great American" schtick which Hannity uses on his show.

I started going there not because of him but because it was a reasonably priced place with little smoke. Ultimately, I became friends with many regulars; a lot of self employed types looking for some social interaction with other like minded alcoholics.

During my time there, the ownership of the place changed several times with Cunningham in and out of the ownership of one to several of the stores.

Last year, given that the stores were losing money, the principal owner, Brad Orr, gave ownership of the Kenwood store to the accountant Barb for cover the debt they owed her.

Apparently, Cunningham wanted the store back so he could give his jerk wad of a kid a store to manage. But he didn't go to Barb to buy her out. Instead, knowing that the store was on a month to month lease, went to the landlords and offered a sizable rent increase if they would evict Willie's out of the spot; which they promptly did.

So now Willie's is attempting to reopen on Galbraith road where the old Gentry Shop used to be. And Cunningham is looking to start his new place where the old one used to be.

I'm only writing about this now because last night I was looking to go hang out somewhere to have a couple glasses of wine (no more liquid bread for me) and some light heart conversation but really couldn't find a spot that was as comfortable as the old one.

So this post is a special bite me to Bill Cunningham and his loser son for ruining a perfectly good dump. And don't worry Willie. I'll come to your new place when it opens.... just so I can piss all over the floor.

Great American my ass. He needs to add douche bag to the end of his tag line.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's giving me the "full report"...
Bartman

Anonymous said...

WE MISS YOU TOO!

Danny said...

He really is.

Does anyone know why he would be backing the proven, again and again, tax raiser, Michelle Schneider for state senate? Whats going on with that?

Anonymous said...

U'r the douch bag....get a life