Monday, March 01, 2010

Global Warming Challenge update

Earlier this month, I decided to quit being an accountant and be a climate scientist. What that entails is asking other scientists whether or not it's getting warmer so that we can build a scientific consensus. It's a much easier way of getting big bucks from the government than doing tax returns on the weekend.

So I asked other PhD's I know (3) to see if they thought the month of February was warmer or not. I guess it doesn't matter that one of those PhD's is an electrical engineer working on a Parkinson's cure, one is an economics professor and the third is a school superintendent; we built a consensus that it was colder than hell during the month of February. Pretty much like the way Michael Mann, Phil Jones, et al developed their theory of global warming.

Regardless, I broke from a typical no peer review hypothesis and actually ran the numbers.

For the month of February, the average warm temperature was 34.1 degrees versus an historical high of 43.1 degrees. The average low was 19.7 degrees v the historical low of 25 degrees. So we, in fact, have proof that our scientific consensus is accurate.

But hey don't take my word for it. Unlike Phil Jones, I didn't destroy the evidence. You can look it up here.

That makes the year to date score Cool - 4, Warm - 0.

Read the Global Warming Challenge here.

No comments: