Thursday, April 29, 2010

Questions for progressives

So Obama believes "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

Here's my question. What is that point? Seriously. How much is too much and what measuring stick are you using to determine what's too much?

In addition, what moral code are you relying on to take money from one person to give to another?

Surely if you believe there is a point that's "too much" then you need to share what that point is; instead of just arbitrarily sticking it to some super rich straw man.

The fact is, regardless of what you might tell me I can throw that right back on you because there are about 10 people who live in this country who live a poorer standard of living than the rest of the world's inhabitants.

So can me and some of my "Nazi" brethren come over to your house, seize your net worth to give to some poor family in Cambodia or Pakistan or Indonesia? I'm thinking you wouldn't be so generous then.

But consider that a person in Bangladesh would just say "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money".




So tell me sage one, what is enough money?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's clear to me that Obama completely buys into the notion that if someone does well financially, it was at an equal cost to someone else. That is sometimes the case, such as robbery. But most successful people get that way through work, good decisions, and sacrifice. The left makes no distinction whether I get rich via these means vs. stealing. As far as the left is concerned, if I've made a life for myself that's too nice compared to someone else, it's because I screwed someone. And I need to be punished.

A Nonny Mouse said...

The simple questions are the ones progressives avoid.

Christian Prophet said...

Liberal progressives cannot stand watching honest success. Their underlying method is force. See the article: "Liberal Progressive Muggers."
http://constitutionparti.blogspot.com/