Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'll take my chances

I've been out of the office the past few days for prior commitments so I really haven't had a chance to follow the primary stuff around the country.

If I were a Delaware resident, I don't know who I would have voted for in the republican primary. Reading news accounts it appears that the race was between a non electable, tea party moron and a thoughtful, established, experienced, yet electable, republican. Of course, that analysis comes from thoughtful, established, experienced media members who seem to like the status quo.

Given that for the past 40 years, those thoughtful, established, experienced and electable republicans conspired with thoughtful, established, experienced and electable democrats to put 10 TRILLION dollars of debt on the books with another 50 TRILLION in unfunded liabilities. All that without even mentioning the TRILLIONS of dollars in unfunded state and municipal pension liabilities.

Oh and I forgot all about those thoughtful, established, experienced, yet electable politician types who manage to pass 1200 page bills without knowing one damn thing in those bills.

I think I'll take my chances with the unelectable, tea party moron.

For the record, one of those unelectable, tea party morons, Rand Paul, is up by 10 points.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Gordon. Now here's the interesting part of the story. The Republican Establishment has just shown its true colors. It but for a brief moment today showed it was willing to torpedo its own nominee in the general election because she was not theIr hand picked choice. WHAT? And therein lies the problem in the republican party. They habitually nominate liberal republicans in the northeast who side with the dems on almost every vote, providing bipartisan cover for every misguided program. Apparently this is what the republicans always wanted! What traitors.

I will paraphrase a Godfather quote that expresses my feelings on this. "The Democrats are pimps. They could have never outfought Ronald Reagan. What I did not know to this very day was that it was the RNC all along."

The fact that the repubs have thought twice and decided to back o'donnell tells you something: they have realized that they cannot harness the T party. Now they have to decide if they are going to help the T party. One way or another, the republican party that we knew yesterday no longer exists. And as far as I'm concerned, that's good news.