Monday, December 13, 2010

Gratitude - not a "progressive" quality

As I've detailed on this blog several times, I am a recovering liberal and have been for about 15 years.

When I look back on the development of my political thought, I don't know if becoming a conservative made me less arrogant or being less arrogant made me more conservative.

See, as a liberal, you know everything. Just watch an hour of MSNBC and you'll catch on to how much liberals know and their willingness to tell you so.

Being conservative has a built in breaker in understanding that you, in Washington, don't know shit about Leah, a married mom with two kids in Spokane Washington. You don't know her dreams, her fears, her wants and needs. To be conservative means that you let Leah and her family deal with her stuff with her resources.

In other words, how do you possibly make policy for 300 million people when you know so little about so many?

Never the less, along with the development of humility, comes gratitude. As I have become more conservative, I have become more grateful.

It's probably not a coincidence that Thanksgiving went from being my least favorite holiday to my most favorite.

But the gratitude I have extends not only to the gifts that God granted me but to the gifts he's granted others. It's amazing how much jealousy I had towards rich people until I started to actually meet those people.

American Thinker with more................

If Obama and the Democrats truly believe millionaires and billionaires are the ones holding the money America desperately needs to solve its economic problems, you would think they might try showing a little gratitude in their arguments for wanting to take more of it from them.

But instead, Obama and the Democrats consistently use their "assault the rich" strategy in a blatant attempt to ignight class warfare in order to gain public support for taking more cash from the "rich."

So tell me, when was the last time you used that same strategy with a lender when you really needed to get a loan?


So let me be the first to thank the guy who builds a $500,000 home and pays more taxes to support the schools so I don't have to.

Or the rich partners of of the accounting firm who wanted to be richer by hiring me at $11.00/hr. and billing me at $33.

Or to my current clients who pay me $120.00/hr to address their financial/tax needs.

Thanks

More......

No comments: