Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Abortion

Reader Tim forwarded this piece by Mike Adams on abortion........

Dear Keith:

Thanks for writing to share your concerns about your “pro-choice” sociology professor. Taking a sociology class is always tough – especially when the professor claims to be your moral superior while simultaneously advocating abortion. I would recommend that you temper your remarks in class whenever you feel you are on the verge of losing your composure. In fact, you should not make any remarks or statements at all. Instead, you should just ask questions. Here are some good ones I wish I had asked while in college:

1. Morally speaking, is having an abortion really just like picking a scab?

2. If abortion is not murder because the fetus is not a person then why make it “safe, legal, and rare”?

3. Do you have a similar desire to make scab-picking “safe, legal, and rare”?


You can read the rest of the questions here........

When it comes to abortion, we claim to not have a definition of when life begins. But we've always had a definition of when life ends..... ask anyone in a emergency room.

So in my mind, why wouldn't we at least use that definition (which I assume is when a heart starts beating) when it comes to a baby?

Most people do not realize that the Blackmun opinion in Roe v Wade (1973) ruled that abortion was constitutional up to the date the fetus became "viable". At that point, the baby had rights. Given that our medical technology has made fetuses viable at earlier and earlier stages of development, how is it that abortions are legal later and later in development? Who? What? What? When? or Where? did that happen?

I know of five women who have had abortions. Two of those women talk about it in terms of the greatest mistake they ever made in their lives. The other three don't talk about it at all, unless you consider their substance abuse issues as some sort of communication tool.

During my dating life, I believe I could tell the women who had abortions during their lives. Mainly, you could tell by their deeply emotional issues (baggage by Samsonite if you will). Now it is possible that I managed to select a few psychopaths, in general, to date, but I think you can tell when someone has serious issues brought on by an abortion in their past.

Years ago, when I was dating my fabulous liberal girlfriend, she indicated that she thought stripping and prostitution should be illegal because of the social and emotional issues these women would get from their profession. Yet when I asked her if we could prove that women who've had abortions have even greater emotional issues, you could hear the birds chirping a mile a way.

So I'll pose the question to those who want to protect women's health so vehemently; if abortions cause more women to have more substance abuse issues, suicide, depression, should that be a factor in whether we should abolish abortion? What about post abortion fertility issues?

If a woman tells you that they've had three abortions and going to have a fourth, do you look at her differently than a woman who's had four sinus infections?

There's been millions of abortions performed in this country and yet few are out their bragging about their "choice". I would be willing to make a wager that more women have regrets about aborting than women who choose life, whether they put the child up for adoption or not.

But it's like all those women want to ignore their own grief so they can share the misery with another generation of women.

If I were king, I'm not so sure that I'd make abortion illegal. But I think it's clear that the glorification of abortion as a "right" has done more to destroy women than to help them.

No comments: