Friday, January 27, 2012

Would I go to the White House?

In light of the Tim Thomas boycott of the White House celebration of the Bruins Stanley Cup, reader Tim asked me if I would go to the White House with my team during my track and field days.

My answer is hell yeah.

1) When I was in college, I was a hard core liberal..... I voted for Jesse Jackson in a primary for cryin' out loud. I would have loved Obama.

2) With my background, a roadie to the White House would have been a pretty big deal.

3) being liberal and all, I would have spent my time at the White House looking for something to steal.

In all seriousness, I would have gone because it would have been with my team. For me, my relationships with my teammates is closer than any group of people in my life, outside of family. I wouldn't have done anything to cause stir.

Now, let's say I won the US Open. I would have gone just so I could give the president the Jan Brewer treatment.

No comments: