Sunday, September 30, 2012

Who will she vote for? #71


Meet Amanda Clayton. Why is she in the news?

The Michigan lottery winner who shot to prominence after admitting that she was still collecting food stamps died Saturday of a possible drug overdose, the Detroit News reported.

Amanda Clayton, 25, was found dead at home around 9 a.m. Saturday, Ecorse police Sgt. Cornelius Herring confirmed. An autopsy is pending, according to WXYZ-TV.

Her friend’s boyfriend told WXYZ Clayton was discovered lying on the bed with her 1 1/2-year-old. The boyfriend said Clayton was “already in a bad stage” Friday night.

In March, a local news station confronted Clayton on camera about why she was still using food stamps to pay for her meals after winning a $1 million lottery prize. She defended the practice, saying, “I feel that it’s OK because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay, I have two houses.”


Years ago, a friend of mine once told me that you could take all the world's wealth, divide it evenly among all 8 billions inhabitants and it would be right back where it started right after the next three day weekend.

Amanda here just confirmed it.




No comments: