I've been listening to the details on the Connecticut shootings and, to date, all I know is that this was the work of a 24 year old punk.
Let me fill in the rest of this profile and let's see how much of this rings true.
1) This kid was probably never spanked
2) He probably played in soccer games where they didn't keep score
3) He probably grew up in a family with no church attendance
4) He was probably a product of a society where everyone was all about his self esteem but he never learned how to deal with any of life's failures.
5) Finally, he probably ran into a stressor in life (a break up, a job loss, a foreclosure, or some other life failure) where he was so ill prepared to deal with any set back that this one probably felt apocalyptic.
And, of course, the media will eventually glorify this punk by endlessly repeating his name so that he'll die in some sort of screwed up infamy.