Friday, October 04, 2013

Day three of the apocalypse

Yesterday, I didn't have to look for road kill to eat. I simply picked up a pizza.

I was also able to purchase a Mossberg .410 complete with background check that went faster than ever.

I'm not sure how but that government shutdown is hitting us although the media keeps telling me how horrible it is on our family.

---------------------

In 1992, I took a job for a large regional bank. One of my assignments, was to put together an annual emergency pan for our department detailing how long the bank could operate without our department, what kind of office space we would need in the event of an emergency relocation, what supplieswe would need etc.

I remember coming home one night and telling my wife that I needed to look for a new job. When she asked why, I told her that it was obvious to me that our department was not all that necessary to the core bank operations and that our whole department was expendable.

That's the same feeling 800,000 government workers should have today.

No comments: