Friday, March 02, 2007

the apocalypse is upon us

I'm pretty convinced the end of the world is near.

This morning I'm driving behind a school bus through a suburban area. I'm used to seeing kids sitting in mama's mini van until the bus picks them up and mom heads off for work or the nearest tennis pro. Or I might see a kid waiting inside the house until the bus stops and then they come out to the bus.

Today was the kicker; bus pulls up to end of the driveway. Kid walks out of the house into waiting mini van, mom takes mini van 40 feet, kid gets out and gets on bus, mini van backs up and mom gets out (I guess the tennis pro was inside). But this is the real butt frosting. The kid must have been 14-15 years old; he had facial hair.

It was absolutely unbelievable.

What's this kid going to tell his grandkids

Well, when I was a kid, I had to walk up a six degree incline to the mini and actually had to flex my abdominal muscles to get into that passenger seat before I had to walk up three steps into the bus.

Granpa that's nothing.

Well it was six degrees both ways

I'm trying to decide how a nation can lose patience with a war when their collective level of sacrifice amounts to a luke warm mini van.


No comments: