Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Frontline

Against my better judgment, I watched the Frontline piece on global warming last night. I typically pass on Frontline because it's normally a publicly funded hit piece on conservatives.

However, last night I thought they were pretty fair. They spent as much time banging on Clinton/Gore than the Bushies.

The interview that most caught my attention was with a researcher who came out with a report prior to the Brazil conference in the early 90's. The interviewer sought to discredit him because his research was funded by energy groups. This was his response (roughly quoting) "90% of all academicians are registered democrats. They already start with the paradigm that human consumption of natural resources is wrong; are you questioning their influence from government money?"

I realize this piece was predominately related to the political side of the issue. However, despite all the information I have read on this issue, I have yet to get some of the basic questions answered on the subject. (see my post from January)

Related to the issue is a great guest piece in the Enquirer where a reader points out that we've so politicized the issue that we are all skeptical of the "scientific" results reported in the media. The writer mentions other scientific scares that never materialized. He forgot to add African killer bees, SARS, & Bird Flu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you're the guy who watched PBS