Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Colleagues won't judge Stevens

Ted Stevens is and always has been a scumbag. Regardless, of the FBI investigation, this guy needs to be out of the senate.

Of course, no one in the senate has the stones to say so. Once again, we find that the chumminess of the institution wields more power than partisanship. It's no different than the priest abuse within the Catholic Church. It's all about protection of the institution than the mission of the institution.

My guess is that no one will call out Stevens because they know they're just as much on the take as he is... so why drum up any additional scrutiny.

I'm sure that there are a few GOP people that want to give Stevens the old "hey everyone does it, he just got caught" pass but I think republicans need to purge themselves of these dolts and leave the democrats defend guys like William "I left $90,000 in my freezer?" Jefferson.

No comments: