Saturday, September 15, 2007

Got Cod?


Leave it to the Cincinnati Enquirer to bring the world to your doorstep. The word of the day is CODPIECE.

The thing about playing a guy in late Renaissance costume in "Romeo and Juliet," grins Cincinnati Shakespeare actress Sara Clark, with a faux perplexed frown, "is I have something between my legs. There's no crossing of legs like a girl."

COD PIECE: "It's a triangle of fabric designed to provide support and coverage. Stuffing the codpiece to create a more pronounced profile was a popular fashion statement with men of all ages.

I think Batman wore one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it come "batter dipped"?????

gordon gekko said...

I appreciate the fashion tip, I use to wear an athletic cup for the same effect in my Joseph Banks suits.

A cod piece, will provide the same effect with more comfort.