Monday, September 10, 2007

Why be a Senator

After thinking about Chuck Hagel's resignation over the weekend, I had to ask myself, why?

When it comes to senate republicans, it is clear that they are more about power over purpose and if you're not going to be the party of power, with all the perks, then why be there. If Hagel had a purpose he was running on, he wouldn't just quit. He would stick it out until mission accomplished.

I wish just one media member would ask every national politician this question. If you could only pass one and only one bill, what would it be? What is the hill your governance will die on?

Too often, these clowns get into office without having a clear distinction of why the hell they are even there. We're getting ready for the primary season and I couldn't tell you one issue that any one of the candidates intend to take into office. We, the public let these guys of the hook with the old "I just want to help people" generic blah blah blah.

For all his fault's, if Al Gore runs, you'll know his primary purpose for running.

So once again, I throw to the mainstream media to ask the question which means I might as well be listening to crickets in my back yard tonight.

No comments: