Sunday, September 02, 2007

What a Rush


A month ago, Midas talked me into going to the Rush show with him.

I liked Rush a lot as a kid, I have a few of their albums (says how old I am) but I didn't think I was up to paying 45 bucks for a ticket to see them.

I'm glad I did.

I've never been to a three hour concert before and these guys played hard for the entire 3 hours (they did take a twenty minute break).

My general thoughts.

1) How do these guys kick out so much sound for three guys. Alex Lifeson only used four different guitars for the whole show.

2) How do you do a three hour show and not do "Working Man"?

3) Neil Peart is without question the best drummer in the history of rock and roll. His drum kit consisted of at least 15 different toms, snares, and basses as well as at least 10 different symbols a xylophone 2 manhole covers and a can of tuna. I was wondering how they got im in the middle of all that.

4) What the hell was up with the rotisserie chickens on stage? No kidding, they had three huge rotisserie ovens on stage filled with chickens and a chef coming out periodically to baste them. The band never said anything about it. It just made me hungry the whole show.

5) Riverbend is turning into a first class dump. The place needs a good 20-30 million dollar renovation starting with the gunning down of those lame faux statues on the pavilion. Let me know when we can take some target practice and I'll be out there with some AK-47's.

Regardless, still one of the best shows I've ever seen.

No comments: