Sunday, February 17, 2008

Obamamania

More on the Obama weak kneed, panty throwing media

Excerpt
After watching the speech by Sen. Obama following his primary victories in Virginia, Maryland and D.C. on Tuesday, Matthews told his co-host Keith Olbermann, “I have to tell you, you know, it’s part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama’s speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg... I mean, I don’t have that too often. No, seriously. It’s a dramatic event. He speaks about America in a way that has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with the feeling we have about our country. And that is an objective assessment.”

No, seriously. He really thinks that is an “objective assessment.”

But of course Matthews is right about one thing. Obama does speak about America in a way that has nothing to do with politics. Politics is about policies, about ideas, about programs — but Obama’s speech is all about platitudes and puffery and pretense. Just read the speech that gave Matthews “restless leg syndrome,” and you’ll see what I mean.

More....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was probably Keith's hand going up his leg. (not that their is anything wrong with that.)