Thursday, March 20, 2008

Who's invited to the "discussion"

The Cincinnati Enquirer has an editorial titled

It's time to discuss race in America

Out of curiosity, who's invited to this "discussion"? Reverend Wright? Don Imus? Oprah? David Duke? Jay Leno? Tyra Banks? Brittney Spears? What about 'ole Gordon here?

This is the kind of liberal blather that has resulted in the racial issues in the first place. It goes back to my theory of meetings; nothing has ever been accomplished by "talking". Just ask how the issues in Darfur have improved since the UN started having meetings on the subject.

Nothing has ever been improved simply by talking about it. Has a bully ever been stopped because Jr. tried "talking" to him? Just ask Ralphie.

In my mind, the more we talk about this crap the more ingrained it becomes. I'll quote a liberal on the subject. None other than Christopher Hitchens

People who think with their epidermis or their genitalia or their clan are the problem to begin with. One does not banish this specter by invoking it. If I would not vote against someone on the grounds of "race" or "gender" alone, then by the exact same token I would not cast a vote in his or her favor for the identical reason. Yet see how this obvious question makes fairly intelligent people say the most alarmingly stupid things.

4 comments:

Liberty Card said...

I think we ought to have a discussion on what makes people so offended when they hear mindless insults from nitwits. If everyone called black people the same things black people call black people, then hearing someone using a corruption of 'Niger' when talking to one of them would be no more insulting than calling an Irishman a mick. But nooooo, we gotta watch what we say, and because there's some white somebody out there who didn't get the PC memo, We know, there's still racism, so We shall force you to have a conversation about your dark, dirty, infected little minds.

The whole thing makes me want to WRETCH!

(There, I feel better now....)

gordon gekko said...

I'm just guessing, but you probably won't be invited to the "discussion".

Liberty Card said...

Damn!

gordon gekko said...

Trust me. You're better off. I'm sure this "discussion" will be even less interesting than those corporate staff meetings I had to be a part of.