Saturday, April 05, 2008

Do as I say, not as I do

As a tax preparer, I've been checking out The Billary tax returns and I have a few notes.

1) Now no one will accuse The Billary of being stingy. They gave 1.6 million to charity in 2006. Keep in mind that every single dollar went to the Clinton Foundation (aka his library). That's like me giving all my charitable contributions to the Gordon Beer and Pizza Fund. Which, by the way, you are all encouraged to donate to.

2) What the hell is so special about this library that the Clinton's have raised billions for it. Are there hookers at every microfiche terminal?

3) I'm actually struck by the pedestrian appearance of their returns. Did they just show up at HR Block with a box of receipts and kick this out? Hey guys, go spring for some Turbo Tax.

4) What? No deduction for pant suits?

5) I notice no Schedule H payroll withholdings for household employees. You mean to tell me that Bill does all the chores around that house? I wonder how many illegals they've got over there at Chappaqua.

6) Forget national health care. The Billary should be getting all Americans to invest in their hedge funds. With the payoffs they get from those everyone will be able to pay for their own damn health insurance.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Related. If you ever get the chance, the best Presidential Library I have been too (limited sample) was the Truman one in Independence, MO. It is definetly worth a stop by if you ever get the chance.