Wednesday, April 02, 2008

From a reader

I hope you don't mind, but I took a cue from you and presented the same "progressive" challenge on my site. I actually had a response. He named Medicare, public libraries and our state supported colleges and universities as examples of successful "progressive" run entities. I think I took him apart fairly well. You can read it hear if you like.
http://rightrunner.blogspot.com/2008/03/so-heres-challenge-to-any-liberal-who.html

Mind? Absolutely not. I'm humble enough to admit that every thing on this blog is just information others have supplied me with; I've just got a different take on it.

I really want a conversation in this country that actually analyzes the successes of "progressive" programs. Whoever wants to take the ball and move with it I'm all for it.

When will people in traditional media actually start to confront the failures of all things "progressive". The "War on Poverty", Social Security, Medicare, our crumbling inner cities, our failing schools.

The conventional wisdom is to do more of the same old & tired strategies. As Marvin Lewis would say "I see better than I hear".

When I see a every shit hole and arm pit in this country, it is inevitably run by democrats. When I see nicer areas, they're run by republicans. But yet no one, I mean no one, Not conservatives or liberals have the balls to step up and say "Wow, what makes this community successful? We need to do what they're doing".

It's always been my criticism of college basketball. The college game is tremendously more successful than the NBA, yet the people who run the sport want it to look more like the NBA (shot clock, three point shot, etc). Why? In my mind, the NBA should try and emulate what makes the college game more watchable; not the other way around.

Well, countries, states, cities, school districts, etc, should do the same thing.

Whatever or whoever wants to spread that word and use my info to do, I support you 100%.

4 comments:

Joe C. said...

The entire cost of the GWOT is equal to a 1 YEAR EXPENDITURE on Medicare/Medicaid.

gordon gekko said...

Medicare, the real standard in government efficiency. I guess you have no understanding of what a 17 trillion in unfunded liabilities actually means?

Ask a doctor how well Medicare works for him? 120-150 days to receive payments. Some doctors are electing to not take Medicare patients at all because of the payment issues.

Yeah maybe it works for the recipients but guess what, they've never paid a damn dime for it. That's why there's a 17 TRILLION DOLLAR UNFUNDED LIABILITY.

Anonymous said...

I hate the NBA.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug, Gordon. The Site Meter took a few hits.

The simple fact of the matter is there is no successful government entity that progressives run. It's just not the natural order of things.

Now, if only Republicans would start acting like conservatives and take a stab at governing like they're NOT a minority, we might get somewhere.