Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Speaking of freedom.....

So you are one of those socially liberal, economically conservative types, where does this rank on your meter?
Massachusetts is expected to unveil the toughest restaurant menu labeling rules in the United States on Wednesday, requiring fast-food chains to list how many calories are in the food they sell in a bid to combat obesity.

The state's Public Health Council is expected to vote on Wednesday on regulations making fast-food chains list the calorie counts of their food on their menus or menu boards.

The regulations are expected to be more comprehensive than those in California, which in September became the first U.S. state with menu labeling rules for fast-food restaurant chains such as McDonald's Corp and Yum Brands' KFC.

Now wait a minute! I thought it was my body to do with what I want? I can have an abortion but I can't chow down on some Big Macs?

Liberals are fabulous for the phrase "stay out of my bedroom" well how about "stay out of my kitchen"?

More......

No comments: