Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank you Veterans

There's probably a handful of things I've done/not done in my life that I truly regret. One of those things is my lack of service in the military. Maybe more importantly is my total disrespect for those who did serve.

As I've documented in the past, in my younger days, I was a snot nosed, liberal, punk who, like most liberals, had all the right answers for all the wrong questions.

To me, military service was for those had few other options.

But as I've grown older, I've met people who have served, I see the lessons of honor, integrity, trust, commitment to others, etc. etc. in those people. Lord knows these are lessons our entire country need to learn.

My maturity in life has also allowed me to recognize that we could not possibly enjoy our wonderful lives as Americans without the service of those willing to serve.

To that, all veterans have my gratitude and unwavering support.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a belated Happy Birthday to the USMC.