Wednesday, January 27, 2010

SOTU preview

I'm a bi partisan hater of state of the union addresses.

Why? Because they end up being a litany of "what you want - I can give you" promises. Never once actually telling the public the truth about our government and our national identity.

Seriously

If you want a balanced budget - We're putting together a task force to get that done.

If you want increased government spending - We putting together more programs we can't pay for.

If you want a government program funding pony's for kids - we're going to do that with a tax against Secretariat.

If you want light blue M&M's - we're putting a special tax against "big candy" until M&M/Mars releases them.

Big Bird painted orange.... - We're commissioning PBS to review the program

You want McDonald's to serve curly fries - We'll get that done.... without transfat.

Of course, the oppostition party who will do the response will be opposed to everything the president's going to do or make it bigger.

The only thing neither party will ever address is my "Free Beer for Midgets program". What these people have against midgets is beyond me. I'm thinking that the little people lobby in congress must be pretty lame.

None the less, it's why I've taken up the program to fund free beer for the shortest of us. If you'd like to contribute please email me at gtvcpa@yahoo.com for details.

Regardless, I'll let the pundits watch tonight's laundry list of freebies and I'll read them tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a communication vehicle the state of the union is way overrated. I haven't watced one in 20 years. It's a speech by a politicians to other politicians. Sort of how the oscars is a party set up for actors to bask in each other's brilliance.

gordon gekko said...

Excellent analogy