Friday, January 01, 2010

Global Warming Challenge - Final results

The results are in. Going into December, the Global Warming challenge was tied at 11 points for cool and 11 for warm.

For the month of December the average high temperature was 40.23 degrees versus an historical high of 42.71. The average low was 26.32 versus an historical average of 26.39.

The gives the cooling crowd a 13-11 victory. The second straight year cooling won the challenge.

I will keep the challenge going for the next year since I'm still waiting for one of the sex offenders from Plunderbong to "put their money where their mouth is".

A few notes regarding the challenge.

1) I'm not a global warming scientist. As a result, I'm making my source available to the public for checking. I used the Weather Underground for the CVG airport. Feel free to double check my figures.

2) Once again, I could gloat about the results. However, I get that the world's climate is more a result of solar radiation than anything man can do. The results are as random as a coin flip. However, if you are a branch Gorvidian, how do you reconcile the fact that it keeps getting cooler when you espouse warming.

3) If you think my scoring system is suspect just note that the average high temperature for the year was 63 degrees versus an average historical high of 64.1. The average low 44.5 v. 44.4. In addition, I compared the numbers for 2009/2008 and they came up high 63/63.8; cool 44.5/43.8. The last I checked, The Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky airport is part of the globe. You Branch Gorevidians keep saying that it's getting warmer but the number certainly don't reflect that now does it?

So which one of you Branch Gorevidians are willing to take me up on the challenge. If you believe it's warming, wouldn't it be great to take some money from the incredible Gordon Gekko? I'll make a deal with you. We'll put up $100 using any location on the weather underground and the loser funds a reforestation project in the Amazon. It's all good.

Unless, of course, you really don't believe the earth is getting warmer.

No comments: